Our brain is really smart. It detects when a contaminated substance has entered our body. Its response is to purge it out through vomit. Vomiting is caused by our mind. Though, sometimes, you feel queasy and nauseous as the vomiting sensation hits you. There are some tips to get through the phase.
- Eating small meals throughout the day instead of three large meals
- Eating slowly
- Avoiding hard-to-digest foods
- Consuming foods that are cold or at room temperature to avoid becoming nauseated from the smell of hot or warm foods
Treatment for vomiting includes:
- Drinking gradually larger amounts of clear liquids
- Avoiding solid food until the vomiting episode has passed
- Temporarily discontinuing all oral medications, which can irritate the stomach and make vomiting worse
If vomiting continues even after a couple of days, consult a doctor. Stay healthy, stay happy.