You eat well, you exercise regularly but you are plagued by one issue. Not getting proper sleep. As a result, you easily get tired, unable to perform to your fullest capacity and constantly stresses. They are side-effects of lack of sleep. It even causes weight gain and an imbalance of hormones.
In contrast, a good night’s sleep helps in optimizing your weight, your mood, and your energy levels. If you find it difficult to get a proper night’s sleep, below are some proven techniques that will help you fall asleep sooner.
- Increase sunlight exposure during the day.
- Don’t watch TV or use your mobile an hour before sleep.
- Reduce irregular or long daytime naps.
- Try to sleep and wake at consistent times.
- Maintain regular physical activity.
- Get a comfortable mattress and pillow.
- Indulge in a healthy diet.
- Try deep breathing techniques to fall asleep sooner.
If nothing works, consult a doctor and explain any problems you have.