You have lost weight super quick? Kudos! Waiting for a baby? Congratulations.
Let us talk about something we’ve let loose. Your skin. Oh Yeah! Losing weight super quick is not an ordinary feat. You have made it and we are so proud of you and wishing you all the best for a healthy life and active life that you’ve always dreamed of.
If you have had a baby, stretch marks come as a bonus, a reward of pregnancy and added to the pain of birthing the baby. We see that you are sweet to the baby, we also encourage you to be sweet to yourself and not hard on yourself. You are beautiful the way you are.
However I pat on your back to encourage you, your heart is still sore while you see yourself in the mirror? That is the story of many lives. But let us learn to let go and do what has to be done.
When the skin stretches so quickly the collagen and the elastic tissue are damaged leading to the line-like appearance of the skin. If you have lost weight too quickly then you are expecting to show off your thin abs. But the gift of loose skin comes. Here are a few quick tips to avoid stretch marks and loose skin. If you are newly pregnant and starting an exercise regimen this blog is your takeaway.
- Lose weight gradually if you are starting your exercise plan
- Use Vitamin A, E and C towards healing and preventing these marks. You can include these Vitamins in your diet or take supplements
- Apply the same over the skin to heal your marks
- Minerals like Silicon and Zinc prevents stretch marks other than essential fatty acids.
- Drinking ample amounts of water to stay hydrated.
- Follow a regular skincare regime that includes exfoliation and moisturizing
These steps can help improve your skin’s elasticity and reduce the probability of stretch marks