Hippocrates, the famous physician once said: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”. In the case of garlic, it’s100% true. We add garlic to boost the flavors and add spiciness to our dish. But garlic is a medicine in and of itself. It has a range of medicinal values both raw or cooked. It has rich antibiotic properties and therapeutic benefits.
- It contains compounds with potent medicinal benefits.
- It is high in nutrition and it has fewer calories
- It can combat sickness like the common cold.
- It helps in reducing blood pressure.
- It improves cholesterol levels thus aiding in mitigating heart diseases.
- It is rich in antioxidants.
- Athletic performances can be boosted with garlic supplements.
- It detoxifies heavy metals in our bodies.
- The best? It tastes delicious when you add garlic in your food.